Patient Information: Pre-Surgery
PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY
Downloadable Forms and Information
- You may also receive a pre-admission phone call from one of our nurses prior to your surgery. During this call you will be asked about your health and medical history and any concerns or questions you have will be answered.
- It is important that you follow our eating and drinking instructions. Failure to do so could result in cancellation of your procedure.
- Pre-admission testing may be required for your procedure. Failure to have the testing done may result in the cancellation of your surgery.
- If you are on any medication – including over the counter drugs and herbal supplements – be sure to ask your doctor whether or not you can continue taking them. You may need to stop taking certain medication before surgery.
- Arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to the Surgery Center and drive you home after your procedure. A responsible adult must be available to stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery. If no one is available to drive you home, you may need to reschedule your surgery.
- Females of childbearing age should inform their doctor and a nurse at the Center of any possibility of pregnancy. Your doctor should be notified if there is any change in your physical condition such as a cold, fever, or infection prior to your operation.
New England Surgery Center performs elective procedures that generally enhance or improve the patient’s quality of life, therefore; in the event of a medical emergency, it is the policy of New England Surgery Center to always attempt to resuscitate a patient and transfer that patient to a hospital. (Mass Chapter 201D Sec. 14 & 15). This policy applies to all patients having a procedure at the Center.